Our Policy for COVID-19
Last Updated: Friday, April 3, 2020 at 12:05 pm
Hamilton Cab would like to communicate the following information as we respond to the evolving situation regarding the COVID-19 virus.
We want to inform our customers that we only have a few cabs working to provide essential services. Our services may be a little late but we are continuing to take preventative measures including installing plastic barriers in many of our vehicles.
To protect our customers, employees and the community at large, Hamilton Cab is taking the following measures to provide you with a safe and sanitary ride:
- All cabs are cleaning door handles and debit terminals with Lysol wipes after every use.
- The interior of the cars are being kept very clean including the steering wheel and front dashboard.
- All drivers are washing their hands as much as possible and using hand sanitizer each time they come in contact with anything.
- All drivers are avoiding handshakes.
- All Hamilton Cab cars are avoiding going to crowded public places as much as possible.
- Our drivers are using gloves when picking up groceries or any personal items of our passengers.
- To better protect our drivers and practice social distancing we require all passengers to sit in the back seat and we will not transport more than two passengers in a vehicle at a time. Before taking any cab please be sure to wash your hands and if you are feeling sick, please stay home.
ALL drivers have been told that if they are feeling sick in any way that they cannot operate a Hamilton Cab vehicle and must stay home for at least two weeks.
While travel is being discouraged, if you do need a ride, we strongly encourage you to call Hamilton Cab rather than taking other forms of public transit as it is a much safer and more sanitary option.
We’re reminding everyone who uses Hamilton Cab to follow advice from public health authorities. If you’re sick, stay home and away from others. Wash your hands frequently, and cover your cough or sneeze. For more information, visit the World Health Organization website.